More Learning PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 12 May 2005 16:00
The most important reason for us returning to Ontario for the summer was to spend some time with Jay to help him to prepare for his future move to BC. After spending some time out there when he was younger and again while he was recovering from surgery before Christmas, he has made the decision to move there at the end of this year. What few household belongings we kept, are stored at his house in Markham and we have planned to go through them and once again reduce them.  So once Jay has sold his house, we will help to pack his stuff and ours and ship it all out west.

While here, I am also going to help him organize a meal plan that is conducive to maintaining his health and easy for him to prepare with his busy work schedule. After doing a lot of research and consulting with a nutritional counsellor and a naturopath, we have discovered the benefits of maintaining a pH balanced diet. Cancer cells have difficulty thriving in an alkaline environment so theoretically if you keep the body in a pH balanced state, they cannot multiply. Currently, there is no known cure for melanoma hence the best thing Jay can do is make his body an undesirable host for cancer cells by eating the right combination of foods.

Today I picked up a couple more books at Chapters in Barrie that support this theory and I am hoping to become more educated on the process. One book I found, The pH Miracle by Robert O. Young, PhD seems to be exactly what I need and is written in layman's terms, making it easy to understand (even by me!). I spent my afternoon overlooking Lake Simcoe while reading and learning so that hopefully I can come up with a menu plan that will be easy for Jay to follow.