Cheap Camping PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 03 August 2005 16:00
Today, I spent the day, preparing the motorhome for our trip to Toronto and Indiana while Rick gave Gayle and Graham a hand in preparing for the final sale of the house in Orillia. We have had the good fortune of parking in the driveway of their house on the lake but as of tomorrow there will be new owners so upon our return to Ontario, we will be moving to Coldwater.

Once Rick came home, we had a few things to complete before heading over to Rosanne and Rob's to pick up our guest for the next week, Rosanne. As we drove away from Creighton Street, our old "campsite", we said our goodbyes and I wondered if we would ever have reason to return again. The past 3 months there allowed me to explore the waterfront and some of Tudhope Park, an area that, even though I spent the past 30 years nearby, I hadn't appreciated until now. Isn't that always the way though, one always takes their own backyard for granted??

Rosanne was waiting for our pickup and once she was nicely seated onboard we drove to Markham where Bill and Laura were waiting for our arrival. After surveying their long driveway, Rick and Bill figured out the best location for our 42-foot motorhome while Rosanne and I visited with Laura. We will be parked there for two nights, which will give us a chance to spend a little time with each other before we head to Indiana. We are so grateful to have friends and family whose homesteads can accommodate our rig while we are here and who welcome us. Our camping costs for our time in Ontario have been virtually non-existent which when you call a motorhome your "home", is a pleasant bonus!