Happy Birthday to My Sister PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, 20 August 2005 16:00
Like any home, a mobile one requires the same basic TLC that a stationary one does but when your home is only a couple of hundred square feet in size, it is imperative that it be cleaned more thoroughly. Cupboards need to be cleaned out more often simply so that you know what you have and to ensure that there are no uninvited guests playing house in them. By maintaining the cleanliness of any home you can prevent mice and bugs from getting too comfortable and in a house on wheels, the last thing you need are critters hanging on. We are pretty meticulous about our cleaning habits so we haven't had any problems with anything other than dust, which is hard to avoid anywhere.

Today, I spent the majority of my day cleaning followed by concocting a batch of Gazpacho soup, a cold soup made from the fresh tomatoes we bought at the Orillia Farmers Market on Saturday. We enjoy open-air markets and as our time is winding down here, we hit the Orillia market for possibly our last time in a long time yesterday. It was a very happening place with vendors and shoppers alike and like old-home week for us. We both ran into several familiar faces and spent some time chatting and exchanging business cards between shopping for produce, maple syrup and organic flax oil.

Tonight, we joined Christine, Fred, Mark,Gennine and Jody for dinner at the restaurant in Severn Falls to celebrate my sister's birthday. Severn Falls is the place where I first met Jim, 34 years ago and it will always hold fond memories for me. The businesses remain though they have changed hands several times since then but essentially, it is almost as if time has been standing still. The restaurant's new owners put out a delicious meal and a good time was had by all. As the saying goes, "Christine is not getting older, she is just getting better". Happy Birthday, sister of mine! Laughing