Stuff PDF Print E-mail
Sunday, 21 August 2005 16:00
On Friday night, I had the honour of attending an all-female sweat lodge ceremony led by my dear friend Rosanne. It was warm, rainy outside... hot, and sweaty inside but it was also a wonderful, emotional evening where we shared some very spiritual experiences together. Some of the attendees were experiencing their very first "sweat" and we all departed feeling a little more connected to our Great Creator. I can't thank you enough Rosanne for including me in this magnificent evening of learning and sharing.

The weather over the past few days has been a little unsettled and we have been getting some much needed rain. It is easy to know that we are coming to the end of a great summer season by the chill that settles in the air in the evenings. For the first time in a long time, the furnace is coming on overnight enabling us to be comfortable in the morning when we get up. Today, when the sun peeked around the clouds, it was pleasantly warm, despite the strong breeze but when it disappeared again, it cooled down in a hurry. I spent my day opening and closing the door and windows trying to keep it comfortable inside.

Rick spent his day sealing the interior of the trailer and doing some work on Gayle and Graham's motorhome, which is temporarily parked here. Meanwhile aside from cooking and cleaning, I spent my day reading, a luxury I truly enjoy. When we first started on this path, I thought that reading was something I would be doing a lot of but somehow it has been relegated to the bottom of my "to do" list. This has happened partly because of the great weather we usually get, forcing me outside and because I always feel some guilt when I seemingly "do nothing" all day. I know I need to give myself permission to do this more often because I always learn something from it, which in turn keeps my brain active, not "nothing" after all.

Here is Rosanne minding the fire outside the Sweat Lodge.