Beginnings PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, 26 August 2006 16:00

We decided last night that rather than set an alarm clock, we would just get up whenever our bodies felt so inclined; avoiding waking up too early to see what time it is and getting a good night’s sleep in the process. Once we were up and ready with the goodbye hugs and kisses out of the way, we set out at 10:00 AM under sunny skies and warm temperatures.

Last weekend I decided that we, the non-traditional nomads, needed to start a tradition. We have cut coffee out of our diets with the exception of having one cup, once a week and the tradition will be to try independent coffee shops wherever we are on Sundays. Even though today we are embarking on a long road trip, it is Sunday and it marks the beginning of said tradition. Rather than write my reviews (please note, I am not a coffee expert) here, I will start a new Blog where I will write about our experience, the type of coffee, the personnel, the quality of the coffee and the atmosphere of the outlet.

In order to make it easy for me to write while we are driving when we stopped in Kamloops for gas, we went to the Canadian Tire store to buy an inverter. It allows me to plug my computer into the lighter and write to my heart’s content without running out of battery power. I will do my best to capture pictures, though this venture is not a sightseeing one, and report to you about our journey as we try to get to Ontario as quickly as we can.

There have been few bugs to mess up the windshield and when we stopped for gas Rick was good enough to clean what little dirt there was off it. This is a picture of Rogers Pass in the Glacier National Park taken through the windshield.