Plans PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 25 August 2006 16:00

Today for Karley’s birthday, Ian took her to Vancouver for a day of shopping, dining and relaxing without any children while we stayed home to baby-sit. We gave her (and Ian) a “couple’s” massage at a health spa in Yaletown as well so hopefully they will both relax for a while. A couple of weeks ago they had a family portrait taken and here it is. Happy Birthday Karley!

This afternoon there was a bike show at the Mission Springs Brew Pub and Rick wanted to use the opportunity to generate some interest in our ’88 Voyager. He also wanted to take Makai with him to show him all the “vroom, vrooms” (Makai’s name for motorcycles). So once Rick was ready, I loaded the two kids into the car and then dropped Makai off to spend some time with Grandpa.

While Monet napped, I spent some time getting organized for our latest trek. Tomorrow, Rick and I are driving the car to Ontario (as in Canada) and back in a week and no… we aren’t crazy. We will be driving across Canada on our way there and we hope to be arriving in Barrie sometime on Tuesday. We have some meetings scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday and on Friday we will be driving back via the USA with Bill and Laura, who will be staying here for a week.

So folks, my journal and Blog entries may be late and/or sporadic over the next few days, but please bear with me as they will get posted sooner or later.