Dreaming of Sesame Street PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 03 July 2006 16:00

A couple of years ago we bought a DVD recorder so that Rick could transfer all our video recordings onto disc, organizing them and making them easier to watch when we want to. We have video recordings that go back to when Jim was alive of family, friends and resort events as well as much more recent stuff. It is an arduous chore and extremely time consuming so needless to say, the task remains to be completed.

Recently we learned that Makai loves Sesame Street, especially the Elmo’s World segments, and I have been recording it daily with the PVR (personal video recorder) via satellite. That way whenever he comes to visit, I can have his favourite program playing in the background. Today, I have been transferring the Sesame Street recordings to the DVD recorder (because I need to free up some space on the PVR) and we’ll make two DVD’s, one for the car and one for our house. Needless to say, I have been listening to Big Bird, Bert, Ernie, Oscar, Grover and Elmo all day with Makai coming by to help occasionally. My kids (who are 30, 29, & 27) loved watching it when they were little and today it is still as educational as it was then. I just know what I’ll been dreaming about tonight!

This morning Rick took Makai to the Mission Leisure Centre for his swimming lessons, the first of nine that Karley registered him for. For the rest of this week and for five days next week, Grandpa and grandson will be spending a couple of hours together playing and swimming. I don’t know who is more excited, Makai or Rick, but you can be sure that they are both enjoying their time away as is Karley; just having some time to herself before baby # 2 arrives is a nice respite.