A Day of Bonding PDF Print E-mail
Sunday, 23 July 2006 16:00

Yesterday while we were walking around downtown Vancouver with Jay and Rachel, I put Jay’s wallet, sunglasses and cell phone in my purse so he wouldn’t have to carry them. Neither of us thought much more about them until about 10 minutes after we left. Jay realized we had his things but couldn’t reach us because of course, the noise of the bike drowned out the ring of our cell phone. As it turned out, today I had a dentist appointment in Yaletown at 1:15 PM and we decided to take Makai with us. Before we left, I called Jay to see if he could meet us for lunch and learned at that time that I had his things in my purse. He was relieved to know he wouldn’t have to drive to Mission and even happier to know he would be able to spend some time with Makai.

On our way to Vancouver, the little guy napped for almost an hour and on the way home he picked up an extra 45 minutes, so all in all, he had his nap for almost as long as normal. The whole afternoon was great; Makai enjoyed his lunch with Jay, he played in a small park with Grandpa while I was at the dentist office and he loved touring around Yaletown seeing the sights in his stroller. Karley had an afternoon of bonding with her baby daughter and we had a great day bonding with her little son!

Makai was happy to come home to his Mom and even happier when just a few minutes after we arrived, his dad came home from work. After dinner they worked together building a work bench together, so even father and son did some bonding too!