Granni & Grandpa To The Rescue PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 24 July 2006 16:00

The night before last, Karley had been awake much of the night with Monet who, at two weeks old is displaying some symptoms of colic. We had hoped that by taking Makai with us to Vancouver, it would give Karley time to have a nap and get caught up (somewhat) on her sleep. When we returned we learned that for her, the ability to have a nap remained elusive all day and by 8:00 o’clock, Karley could barely keep her eyes open. In stepped Granni & Grandpa.

Once Makai was in bed, I took Monet to the motorhome along with some bags of frozen breast milk to hunker down for the evening and wouldn’t you know it, she ate and proceeded to sleep soundly until 11:00 PM. Then I had hoped she would wake long enough to eat, burp and have a diaper change but that was not to be. She decided that it was her awake time (along with some colic) and between Rick and I, she kept us busy either feeding her or trying to comfort her… no easy task. Finally at 12:30 AM she drifted off to sleep and we quickly followed.

The original plan was for me to take Monet back to the house when we were going to bed but I wanted Karley to get some sleep so we kept her in the Moho with us. I woke up once at 3:00 AM, expecting Monet to wake any minute and to warm up some milk (for when she did) but she continued to snooze. Then at 3:20, Karley came in looking for her little daughter feeling more rested than before after having slept for a full six undisturbed hours in a row. They went to their home and then I had some undisturbed sleep of my own just happy to have been able to help!