Well....duh.... PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Saturday, 18 August 2007 02:20
aug 18-07.jpgAnd so it seems dragging Sam, the cat, to the condo with us each visit has been the right thing to do. She is way more settled at night now; no longer waking through the night howling and fearing she is alone. The last two nights she has slept all night curled up on her blanket on the chair in the living room where I fend her when I get up in the morning.

What you need to understand is that this crying out for us through the night has been happening pretty much every night since we went to Mexico two winters ago. Then we were in Desert Hot Springs and one of our cat loving friends cat-sat for us by visiting Sam several times a day and making sure she was well fed and watered. Last year when we came back to BC for Christmas we had three friends checking in on her all at different times which we hoped would be comforting. However she still continued with her distraught meowings during the night.

At last, with us taking her with us, she has settled down and I can’t believe it was such a simple solution. It just goes to show cats do go through emotions like people; they just can’t verbalize and tell you flat out how they feel. It’s so nice to sleep through the night undisturbed and not have to call out to our little feline friend through the night to reassure her.