End of a Material Kind of Week PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Friday, 17 August 2007 02:04
aug 17-07.jpgThe windows at the condo are longer than 84 inches and shorter than 96; we have to keep our unattractive white vertical blinds up as part of our agreement, so what is a person to do to spruce things up and make a room dark? We have purchased, 96 inch drapes that need hemming and lining with a room darkening fabric. We also need to install some kind of ceiling mounted drapery track to attach them to. (There is now place to wall mount). All this seems simple enough, but none of it has been.

Once upon a time you could buy room darkening liners at Sears; I ended up getting them at JC Penny’s from the US. (I could not find room darkening material anywhere.) In this day and age, the new look is for curtains to be hanging from attractive rods so finding the utility style is also proving to be a challenge. Eventually the bedroom WILL be dark but it is certainly testing my research skills to find the resources to do it.

Today we returned from Yaletown with my drapery woes in hand and on our way home we stopped in Maple Ridge. Last week I found an old fashioned leather shop where I took my well fitting though too short leather pants along with my long enough though unattractive and ill fitting ones. Ralph was able to sew the long legs of one pair onto the now cut-off legs of the other and make me a great fitting, long enough pair for motorcycle riding. I am excited. “Sew” you can see it has been a material kind of week that is finally coming to an end!