A Bad Habit Coming to an End??? PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Sunday, 19 August 2007 02:24
aug 19-07.jpgEver since we arrived here, our television watching has been reduced drastically to the point that we seldom watch any at all. We record a few favourites; Canadian Idol, NASCAR and America’s Got Talent and even those we have problems watching. We seem to get up early, go, go, go all day long and by the time we fall into bed, we are too tired to watch anything.

I have to say we aren’t missing watching TV and we certainly seem to get a lot more accomplished each day. When we are in Yaletown, of course there is no television there anyway but we are so busy decorating we have no time for it. At Karley and Ian’s we are busy with wee kiddies, meals and running here, there and everywhere that our days come to an end pretty quickly. Is it any surprise we are wondering where the summer has gone?

I have to say we still find ourselves spending a lot of time on the internet, mostly researching things and checking and answering email. And if I’d had my “druthers”, I’d sooner be wasting time on the internet than in front of the boob tube anyway. At least I am learning a lot about BC, Vancouver in particular, and I am getting more exercise than I do watching TV. Come the fall I’d like to think that, we’ll have conquered our TV habit for good and our viewing time will continue to remain minimal. We’ll see!

Here is a different shot of our Yaletown condo kitchen.