Banking in Slippers PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Thursday, 09 August 2007 01:32
aug 9-07.jpgLast night we ventured out to pick up the last bit of odds and ends needed to finally start painting the condo. We bought a gallon of paint for the bathroom, office and laundry cubby-hole (they didn’t have the right base last week when Rick bought the paint for the rest of the apartment) and we also found a light fixture at a drastically reduced price; perfect for where a table will go. The intention was to get started on the painting today however that didn’t happen.

Before we could start, we had a cupboard that needed hanging. The cupboard it was replacing was on the wall beside the kitchen sink and besides being ugly; one of the original one’s doors hit the halogen light fixtures over the sink. Hanging the new cupboard has not been easy; it required some serious modification which fortunately Rick was able to do but it took much of the day to get it up.

I did some wall sanding and removed some faceplates to get things ready for tomorrow, our new first day of painting. This time I think we will accomplish it and I am looking forward to seeing some colour on the walls.

Something I forgot to mention; last week when we were here we noticed a lot of activity going on in the storefront four stories below us. As it turns out, there is now a shiny new Starbucks Coffee Shop in our building complete with an outdoor patio. We also noticed directly across the street the BMO bank, where we do all our banking, will be opening a branch in September. Though it’s not my favourite coffee shop, heck, this means I can practically grab a coffee and do my banking in my slippers!! Here’s a picture of the new Starbucks just a few stories below our balcony.