Sam's Big Adventure PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Wednesday, 08 August 2007 01:29
aug 8-07.jpgOkay, so to date Grampa and Makai had a big adventure in the backyard camping out overnight in a tent. Then Makai came into Yaletown with us for a three night sleepover and finally Karley and Ian ventured to Whistler for two nights while Rick and I babysat for a multi-adventure for all six of us. Well now it is Sam’s time for some excitement.

We have come into Vancouver for a few days without any little folks and we decided to bring Sam to the condo. I have mentioned before she gets so distraught when we leave her; even though she is well cared for she gets so lonely overnight. This afternoon as we were preparing to leave; we had our overnight bag on the bed, some supplies on the counter in the kitchen and the computers packed up at the door. Sam began to pace staying close to our sides as she does when she knows we are leaving. She was nicely parked on the chair by the door in anticipation of our departure when we started to gather up her stuff; her food, her litter box and her water container. Imagine her surprise when I scooped her up and placed her in her little kennel cab to bring her in the car.

She laid in her kennel cab quite content on my lap all the way into the city and when we first brought her into the condo, there she remained. I opened the door and left her to come out on her own but she was in no hurry to explore. Eventually she crept around the apartment like she was on the hunt, checking every nook and cranny, and finally she settled in the bedroom. And so finally Sam too is having a big adventure of her own. She is still a little cautious but seems to be settling in okay most likely because she can smell our scent on everything and she feels safe in our company.