Loving the Colour PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Friday, 10 August 2007 01:35
aug 10-07.jpgI am sitting here in our sparsely “furnished” (I use that term loosely) apartment admiring the new paint, loving the colour immensely and feeling quite pleased with the fact that we did the work ourselves. (I have been driving Rick nuts because I have been raving about how much I love the colour for hours.) We got started on our project late this morning (Rick had to go for blood tests and an x-ray first thing and no, it isn’t anything to be concerned about, it’s a routine thing) so we had a later start and we finished at 5:00. I laid out drop sheets and cleared the room of a lot of stuff while Rick was gone so that once he returned we could get right at it and we did.

We used a whole gallon of paint for the living room and I was able to second coat another small section as well. Tomorrow we will finish the second coat in the living room and then paint the bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and office. Rick wants to keep going while we are on this “roll” so with an earlier start we may even get it all finished by tomorrow night.

Tonight Jay came by for dinner and then we all went out to see the latest Matt Damon movie, The Bourne Ultimatum. Unfortunately we arrived at the theatre just as the movie was starting and had no choice but to sit in the front row….very hard on the neck and eyes. Despite that, it was a great, action packed movie with lots of cool scenes keeping us well entertained.

Tomorrow I may even take a picture or two of the interior of the condo, once we have completed our painting but for now I will share this one. The other day while the wee grandchildren were playing in the pool, I snapped dozens of pictures without using the viewfinder in the hopes that maybe they wouldn’t notice Granni being snap happy. Monet was well aware that the shutter was clicking and though she ignored it, she got especially close to the lens and this is the result.