Stunned PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Tuesday, 07 August 2007 01:23
aug 7-07.jpgThe weather, unlike what was forecasted, was overcast and cooler today than we have had in a while. As a result we both somehow managed to sleep in until well past 8:00 mostly because it was so gloomy and we thought it was much earlier than it really was. It was a perfect day to work on this website and so I did; I am up to August 9, 2004 leaving me with just a mere three years of daily entries to go!

I’m actually really enjoying my walk down memory lane; reliving some of our adventures and experiences when we first started this life. We have gone through so many changes; cars, motorcycles, furniture, floors and cameras to mention a few and of course the addition of grandchildren. Life has been and still is very good!

Tonight Karley and Ian sent us out for an absolutely fabulous dinner at a restaurant, The Seasons in Pitt Meadows, a half hour drive from here. The dinner was a thank you gift for babysitting (our great pleasure) and the food was some of the best we have enjoyed…ever!

Our American friends may not quite get this but when we returned we watched the results of last night’s Canadian Idol performances which we recorded while we were out. Greg Neufeld of Abbotsford, no question the most talented performer, received the least amount of votes and consequently will be going no further in the competition. Ben Mulroney the host of Canadian Idol and usually so diplomatic, expressed the feelings of every “thinking” Canadian (evidently the brain dead did the voting last night) and the judges were as stunned as we were. Every performance Greg has given has been flawless and he should have been the ultimate winner. The craziest thing is that he was one of the bottom three who were the other top two performers from last night, Carly Rae Jepsen and Brian Melo. It was a sad ending to a great day!

Karley took this picture yesterday at the fair of Ian and Makai in the bumper cars. Because of the action it came out blurry but with some Photo Shop magic, Ian made it into a pretty cool shot!