A Day Alone PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 23 July 2004 00:00
I slept so well and so long last night that when I finally woke up at 7:45 AM this morning, I almost felt guilty. Obviously, my body needed it and I was catching up on all my late nights and early mornings from last week. I had planned on writing into the wee hours but I was so tired I was in bed by 10:00 PM. I miss my husband but his absence has allowed me to get caught up on my sleep and given me the solitude to get some more of my story written.

Because I was alone, I took my time getting up this morning and I observed my friend, the blue heron fish for his breakfast. After I did a short workout on the NordicTrac, I watched as a fleet of RVers arrived at the park in groups of four and five at a time. The park is the fullest I have seen it in a long time and the new campers are all from Quebec so there is a lot of French being spoken around here. I sat down and continued to write my "short story" for several hours. The interesting thing about this task is that it comes to me in spurts and I find that if I force myself to write, the words don't meld and often don't make sense. I worked at it for four hours and then decided to stop when my brain seemed to run dry.

BC is in the middle of a heat wave and no doubt, the heat on the mainland will be more intense but I am heading to Vancouver tomorrow to spend the day with Karley. It will be awhile before we get together again because next weekend we head up-island toward Campbell River. Rick and Ian are attending the Cascar race on Saturday and then the Indy race on Sunday after which, Rick and I will be returning here.

I have had a productive, yet relaxing day here alone but I will be happy to get together with everyone tomorrow.