Happy Valentines Day PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 14 February 2005 00:00

We decided to forgo our workout procedure this morning because we had the intention of swimming this afternoon when we returned from our date with Makai. After not seeing him all weekend, we were excited to baby-sit him this afternoon while Karley did a haircut. It was a great way to spend a couple of hours on Valentine's Day too, with our little bundle of love. When we got to the house, Karley was getting organized and the little "munchkin" was sound asleep. Granni happily obliged Karley by waking Makai up so he could eat before her client arrived. With a full belly we bundled him up and placed him in his stroller to go for a walk on the drive.

It was lunchtime, so Rick and I decided to grab a bite to eat while we were out at Belgian Fries, an eatery we hadn't been to since May. Makai was a tired boy and slept right through the meal and the proceeding coffee at Caffé Calabria, the oldest Italian coffee house in Vancouver. We had been there once before when Angie was here and decided it was time for a return visit. Frank, the most congenial owner, has been running this coffee shop for over 30 years along with his three sons. They are open 365 days a year and it is recommended as a "must do" in all the tourism books of Vancouver. The coffee is very good and based on the fact that the place is always busy, I suspect the authentic Italian sandwiches, biscotti and gelato must be delicious, too. Next time, we will be sure to leave room so that we can sample something other than their coffee.

We returned child to mother just as he was beginning to stir and she was adding the finishing touches to her client's hair. After he was fed, I took no less than two-dozen photographs of our grandson while Rick videotaped him, before heading back to the motorhome. We were disappointed to find that the pool was still closed, (it hasn't come up to temperature yet since being refilled on Saturday) and the hot tub was inoperable. It seems I'll have to spend 60 minutes on the Nordic Track tomorrow to make up for my missed day of exercise and the large order of fries I had for lunch today. Yay!

Happy Valentines Day, folks!