Disappointed PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 15 February 2005 00:00

Since leaving Ontario in our motorhome in December 2003 we have each flown back separately at least once. While there we have visited with our friends and family and with the exception of Jamie, have spent time with all of our kids. Until just recently, Jamie has lived in Sioux Lookout, not exactly an easy-to-reach destination, in northern Ontario. He is a pilot with Bearskin Airlines and though having been laid off twice, (the last time for the month of December) is now back on their roster flying and living out of Thunder Bay. He is still "way up north" but at least Thunder Bay has a large airport making it a lot more accessible. Part of our Christmas gift to our children was a flight for each of them to come here and meet their nephew and have a visit with us. Angie was here last month, Jay in November and Bill and Laura are coming here next week, something we are all looking forward to. With Jamie's pilot's status, he has access to cheap flights and because his employment status was in jeopardy for so long, we couldn't make plans for his visit. (We were just hoping his schedule would accommodate a visit sometime soon.)

We have been talking about a possible visit this week and yesterday he called with the news that he and Mary were going to try to come out tomorrow for four days. I was elated, as was Karley because she too hadn't seen him in over a year. The hardest part about living and travelling in a motorhome is the distance it puts between us and our offspring and I have to admit, I miss my boy! Well this afternoon, I got the phone call I was dreading...he can't come. It seems that yesterday when he checked into various flights to come out here, there were only a few seats available and by today, there was nothing left for flights back to Thunder Bay. Rick and I will be visiting him this summer while we are in Ontario but Karley doesn't know when she will see him again. In just a few seconds my happy mood was shot down, I am really disappointed and fighting my tears. Cry

And wouldn't you know it, the weather here is spectacular and they are calling for it to stay this way all week. At night it has been dipping to zero however during the day, it remains sunny and warm. The blossoms on this bush near Karley's house are certainly proof that spring has sprung in Vancouver!