My Birthday Gift PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, 19 February 2005 00:00

For my birthday, I didn't want a gift of clothes or shoes and I certainly have no room for flowers or knick-knacks so instead I signed up for a weekend channeling course led by Richard Rivard, a local Reiki Master and channeling coach and founder of The Reiki Threshold. I had contacted Richard back in the spring when I first arrived here but he wasn't running any channeling courses then so I went on his waiting list for his next one. Last weekend he contacted me to let me know he was teaching one this weekend and I signed up on the spot. When it comes to anything metaphysical, I am always intrigued and for this course I had the time and the resources, which indicated it was something I should do.

Having had the "lost" feelings I've been experiencing lately, I thought perhaps this would help me get on track and after just a couple of hours there, I knew I did the right thing. Just being together with other spiritually guided people can boost anyone teetering along their path and in this class there were four other attendees all aiming in the same direction. Richard very humorously led us through several mediations which helped us connect to others more enlightened, our guides and higher selves and we experienced some interesting energy changes.

I learned that though lately I consciously may have not been connecting to my guides, they have been there all along and that I am still on my path. As humans, we need to learn to trust ourselves and our ability to "hear" and be directed by these high-energy beings, which surround all of us. Once again, the message that "we are all connected" came through clearly and I have learned that I merely have to "listen" to my senses. It takes a simple invitation to start making the connection and with some initial guidance from an experienced channeling teacher, trust and some practice, it is something anyone can do. Tomorrow, I will complete my course so stay tuned.

PS- I missed my little guy Makai all day so here's his picture again!!