Saying Goodbye For Now PDF Print E-mail
Sunday, 05 June 2005 16:00
Last night at 7:00 PM after working long hours and spending five nights on a couch in Gayle and Graham's motorhome at Burl's Creek, Rick returned to our motorhome. I had made up the double air mattress in the vacant house so that he could go to bed when he felt like it and so that Makai could sleep soundly where he was. Rick had a horrific cough and we were concerned that everyone would be kept awake all night. With our planned early wake-up we wanted to be as well rested as possible so we decided to let Makai have the king-size bed (yes, we're nuts), Karley would sleep on the davenport couch in the living room and I would join Rick in the house later. We were all in bed by 9:00 and obviously by the sleeping arrangements, you can tell who rules the roost here!

Soon after the alarm went off at 4:15 AM and after my shower, I woke Rick up, then Karley so we could be ready to leave by 5:30. Makai slept peacefully until 5:10 and when we woke him up, he greeted us with a huge smile and melted our hearts once again. We arrived at the airport by 7:00 giving Karley and Makai an hour before their scheduled departure while Makai treated us to his usual cheerful demeanour, a perfect goodbye, leaving us looking forward to seeing him again in July.

Rick and I are flying out to Vancouver then to embark on an Alaskan cruise with Helen and her sister Mary and we are taking some extra time to spend it with Ian, Karley and Makai. By then, there will be many more changes in "our little guy" as his personality continues to develop and we can hardly wait.