Way Too Early PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 17 August 2005 16:00
I have woken up early many times in my life but it is a rare day when I stay up and have a shower at 3:15 AM. This morning I was driving Jamie to the airport in Toronto and he needed to be there by 5:30 so I arranged to pick him up at the Sanderson house by 4:00 AM.

The drive to Toronto at that hour of the morning was one of the few times I actually enjoyed the drive, as there was very little traffic. However, as we approached the city, even at that hour, the roads began to fill and by the time I drove back at 5:30 AM, Hwy 400 South was looking the way I am used to seeing it. I have never been known to be a slow driver and the freedom of the open highway seems to entice me to drive a little faster than the speed limit. I was back at the motorhome by 6:45. I thought for sure that I would be able to go back to sleep but instead I was wide-awake. Rather than force myself to sleep I prepared myself for the day ahead with a coffee and breakfast.

I spent the afternoon, first visiting my mother, and then stopping by the hospital to see a good friend who has recently had surgery. It was after 5:00 PM before I returned home and by then my early morning was catching up to me. After a nap on the couch, a small supper of leftovers, I was in bed asleep shortly after 9:00. I have learned that though I enjoy the early mornings, my stamina level isn't what it used to be when I was in my 20's. However, the time spent with Jamie was well worth the early morning but I am quite happy that I don't have to do it often.

Here Rick is with Jody and her friend, Ann trying his luck at riding Jody's horse.I took this picture last night at the barbeque.