Happy Campers at Catalina Spa PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 27 February 2006 16:00

This morning I arrived at the sales office at 10:00 o’clock to work my shift when I discovered that the long-awaited WIFI hook-up was about to be put in service. Being the supposed computer expert here, I was nominated to be the first one to officially login to the new system and I was immediately impressed with the speed. It wasn’t long before word had spread throughout the resort and suddenly we were inundated with folks anxious to use the system.

Being a membership park, Catalina Spa is offering the service to their members at extremely reasonable costs, $10.00 for 31 days use, and once all the bugs are out, it will be available at every site. Because I was working at the office and people know I teach the computer class I was swamped all day with helping folks to get onto the Internet. The day flew by; I accomplished none of the things I had planned to but I was busy all day and I loved it. The system still has a few glitches but hopefully they will be resolved soon and I will be able to teach people how to BLOG on Friday, something I have wanted to do since the class started back in November.

Yesterday, Rick inserted all the cups and flags into the putting green and now it too is officially open for use. It has been a long time coming and has taken hours of persistent work on the part of Rick to get it as close to perfect as possible. There is still plenty to do; the grass needs to fill-in in spots but it is usable at last and between it and the WIFI, there were plenty of very happy campers here today!