<b>Something Different PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 28 February 2006 16:00
p>The night before last, for the first time in a very long time, we listened to the sound of raindrops on the roof all night long. That is a first for us since we arrived here in October. We have had rain three or four times but not a steady downpour for over 6 hours and I must confess, I liked it. That does not mean I would like to hear it all the time, I just mean it was nice for a change. Along with the rain came a cooler air mass so yesterday the temperatures were a little less than they have been, only 21C ( 69.8F), but today it warmed up to 26C (78.8F) however it will remain inconsistent for several more days.

Yesterday as a result of the rain, there was that scent in the air that only comes from a fresh rainfall and you can be sure, I inhaled deeply several times to fully enjoy it. Rick didn’t need to water the putting green but the dust that has settled on all the vehicles over the past few weeks became muddy streaks, so I’m sure he’ll find plenty to do. When I have been busy at the office, Helen has been kind enough to clean up after breakfast everyday before she goes for a walk around the campground. She has been bringing me lunch when I work over the noon hour and afterwards she heads to the pool. I have to admit, it has been nice having someone else around who looks after me as well as Rick does and I am feeling quite pampered despite working a lot lately.

As a result of the unsettled weather moving through the area right now, we are having some really pretty sunrises as you can see.