This and That PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 08 March 2006 16:00

It is cccooold in Desert Hot Springs, I mean downright nippy and the weather is very unsettled right now; rolling clouds and lots of intermittent wind. Swimming at 6:00 AM is certainly losing its appeal because the water is not at its usual 90+ degrees F and the longer this weather remains the less likely it is that it will warm up anytime soon. Even though it is fed by natural hot springs there is cold water that is added to keep it temperate. With the wind and cold air, it is a constant challenge to maintain a steady temperature so as I listen to the wind rattling around outside tonight, I am thinking I may just have to forgo our morning ritual tomorrow.

You’ll notice a couple of new things on the webpage today; first if you are interested in downloading Firefox, a web browser known to be smaller, faster and perhaps, even safer than Netscape or Internet Explorer, you can access it through our site. Secondly, thanks to a hint from our friends, Laura and Rich, we have a new counter, or site meter with much more information about who visits our site and where they are from. (Thanks Laura and Rich!) Now we can see how far reaching this web page is and perhaps we can learn how to get a higher readership as a result. (Not quite sure how that will happen, but I’m working on it.)

Because of the weather I have not been motivated to take any pictures. I often take them when I am up at the pool but I’d be nuts (and my sanity is already questionable on a calm, warm morning) to get out of the pool soaking wet so for now you’ll have to settle for this one that I took on Tuesday just as this weather was moving in.