<b>Why I Am A Believer PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 21 April 2006 16:00
p>Due to my recent surgery, I am sleeping on two thirds of the living room couch to prevent me from stretching out. I am quite comfortable and lately with the aid of sleeping pills and pain medication, I sleep quite soundly until Rick wakes me up in the morning with a kiss hello. Last night as I drifted off, I had enough dope in me to knockout an elephant but I was extremely restless. I even got up from a very snuggly position to put the portable phone back in its charger, something I don’t usually concern myself with. The motorhome was plenty warm enough yet I kept waking up feeling chilled. Finally for some reason around 1:20 AM Pacific time I got up and wandered in the bedroom where the temperature controls are and opened the door to find that somehow we were running on battery; evidently somehow we tripped the breaker. I turned off the electric water heater and I turned on the outside lights to go outside and check the breaker at the pole and sure enough it needed to be reset.

When I came in the heat pumps had come on and everything was working well so seeing that I was wide awake I decided to sit at the computer and check my email. After several unsuccessful attempts I realized that when the breaker tripped it had also tripped the modem which provides us with high-speed cable and also our broadband telephone. So out I trucked outside again to reset the modem for the high-speed cable and the modem for the phone, tripping backwards over the power box in the process and hopefully not reopening any wounds... something I will check in the daylight.

I just sat down at the computer to see that it was working when the telephone rang, a very unusual occurrence but one I had been anticipating for a very long time. On the other end of the phone was my darling sister Christine calling to tell me that Victoria House, where our mother has been a resident since 2002 had just passed away. One of the main reasons I went home in January for a week was to make our peace, give her my love and say our final goodbyes.

This picture was taken at Mom's at Christmas 2003 with three of her grandchildern. More on the next entry……