Zombies PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 01 September 2006 16:00

It’s been many a moons since yours truly has pulled an “all-nighter”; at least 30 years, and I can tell you this, I still have it in me however, no doubt, I will pay dearly for it later. Yesterday, I posted the entries to our Blog and the webpage from a T/A Truck-stop north of Chicago and it was late. Rick and Bill had been taking turns driving and napping; not really sleeping; but a little rest is better than none. Laura managed to get a little sleep (I mean really little) and I stayed up so that the driver of the moment had a second set of eyes on the road. In Wisconsin there are deer and because we encountered a couple of dead ones on the side of the road, two sets of eyes would be better than one.

By 5:00 AM Central time, Rick was driving, I was on passenger watch and Bill and Laura were napping (as well as two people can in the back seat of a Honda Accord). We were well into Minnesota and the sky was very overcast, not what we wanted to see at all. We stopped in St. Cloud for breakfast and the local forecast was calling for showers throughout the day…ugh!! Sure enough, since then it has been raining fairly consistently all morning and now we are in North Dakota, which like it’s Canadian counterparts, is flat but for a much smaller area. Surprisingly, though it is the last holiday weekend of the summer the traffic has been really light, so we have been making excellent time. In exactly 24 hours, we are halfway to Mission.

As much as we’d like to drive straight through, there are four “zombiefied” adults here and methinks we may have to get a couple of rooms tonight so we can get to BC alive. We could sleep for five hours and arrive in a more human state with holiday Monday ahead of us to fully recover. I’ll be sure to keep you updated with our progress!