Okay, So I Was Wrong PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 07 June 2006 16:00

Jay had some business calls at Whistler today and Sarah had the day off, so she and I made plans to do some shopping. As predicted, it was overcast this morning but dry, so once we got going, Sarah and I headed over to Commercial Drive, Karley and Ian’s old neighbourhood. One of my reasons for heading there was to buy a salt lamp for the new baby’s room. We had gotten one for Makai before he arrived and it seems appropriate that baby #2 should have one also. There were a couple of other things I was looking for but after checking in a few stores with no success, Sarah and I headed to De Dutch for lunch. While we were enjoying our delicious “Pannekoeken” the skies opened up and it started to pour…really pour. Not only was it pouring but it stayed…all day…so much for my prediction that it wouldn’t last!!

As a result of the rain and the fact that Sarah was coming down with a cold, we headed back to the apartment for some R & R, hoping that the rain would eventually let up. It just wasn’t to be so we spent the afternoon hanging out until Jay came home which as it turned out, was earlier than we expected.

Originally we had planned to go out for dinner, then to take in a movie together but the nonstop rain changed our minds. We decided to go to Aphrodite's Organic Cafe for dinner, one of my and Rick’s favourite organic restaurants in Kitsilano, and then rented a movie to watch at home. After our great meal, we bought some organic pie-to-go and rented Grizzly Man a documentary about Timothy Treadwell, the man who studied, lived with and eventually died as a result of grizzly bears in Alaska. (Most people have popcorn at movie time but we chose yummy pie instead!) As I write this the rain has finally let up, the movie is very interesting and the pie was delicious!

Oh, and in case you are wondering, contrary to what the picture looks like, Jay and Sarah are NOT a couple, just merely great friends and roommates.