Captured PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 08 June 2006 16:00

Rick’s flight was scheduled to arrive from Ontario at 11:00 AM, so this morning Jay and I went out for breakfast to a nearby diner before I headed to the airport. The Elbow Room Café is a unique well-known eatery where you can enjoy some great food along with a sarcastic welcome. It’s been around since 1983 and the “unwelcome welcome” is part of their charm and part of the reason why they are still around. Breakfast was excellent and it was really nice to spend some time with Jay before heading to the airport.

I arrived at the airport with lots of time to spare because the drive from Jay’s place only took me 20 minutes (I allowed myself 45) and the flight was delayed by 20 minutes! I was waiting for Rick as he came down the escalator and I learned immediately that he wasn’t feeling at all well. Initially he was attributing it to the time change and not sleeping well however by the time we arrived in Mission he was fading fast and running a fever. At the time of this writing he has been in bed since 3:00 o’clock this afternoon but his fever has broken and we are hoping he’ll be better by morning.

Karley and Ian have taken a short two-night excursion to a nearby spa in Harrison Hot Springs and we are the babysitters for the weekend. With Rick being sick, the job of babysitting has fallen solely on me for now but it really isn’t a chore at all. Makai and I played, walked in the yard and watched Treetop TV together until suppertime. He ate a big dinner, had a bath and fell asleep in my arms after we read a book together and I realize now that this little boy has captured my heart forever.