Being Grandparents PDF Print E-mail
Sunday, 18 June 2006 16:00

Karley is due to have baby #2 on or around July 7th and this time the hospital where the delivery will be held is in Abbotsford. Because Makai was born at Woman’s College Hospital in Vancouver, an appointment was made for Karley and Ian to have a tour of the Abbotsford facilities today. There were still a few last minute things that the parents needed to get to make the new nursery perfect and so today, Karley went into Vancouver with Ian when he went to work. The plan was for her to join him for lunch, do some of the shopping before and afterwards and they would do the hospital tour on their way home.

It also meant that Rick and I were in charge of Makai for the day, a chore that by now you know we love. Today, having Rick healthy and able to help made a big difference for all of us and we had a very full day. After having the tall trees in the front yard de-limbed on the weekend, there was a lot of debris that needed cleaning up in the way of leaves and branches. This morning Makai and I helped Rick to drag some branches in the back (for burning later) and we also helped him fill the wheelbarrow with small stuff. The exercise and fresh air easily exhausted the little guy who slept soundly during his nap.

Once he woke up, we went to Abbotsford for lunch and to find a rocking chair, (the pursuit that Karley and I were on yesterday) which today Rick and I completed successfully. We were able to order the one we wanted in the right colour of wood and fabric and it will arrive in three weeks. (This rocking chair (glider) quest has taken us several weeks of hunting; both in stores and online and this store in Abbotsford has had the best price so far.) The rest of our afternoon was spent with Makai and Grandpa wrestling around on the floor or Makai keeping an eye on Granni while I cooked supper. We had another fun day being grandparents!