<b>And We Are Back! PDF Print E-mail
Sunday, 16 July 2006 16:00
p>Yesterday we returned from Armstrong by 1:30, about an hour later than we had planned. We took our own pillows with us when we went to the B & B, not because we anticipated any problems with the pillows provided, but because we really like our own and we figured we would sleep better on them. Yesterday morning I deliberately put the pillows together on the side of the bed so we wouldn’t forget them, along with a couple of other things. When it came time to leave, Rick loaded the car with our luggage, my shoes and our books and I was left to bring the few remaining things along with the pillows. Well, needless to say, I gathered up the stuff on the pillows and then left without them! Fortunately, our hostess, Christine, discovered them only a few minutes after we left and called Karley (the number we gave her when we reserved our stay), who in turn called us and we had to go back. Ooops!!

Taking the famed Kokahala Highway back (Hwy 5… very boring) we made great time though we lacked any kind of great scenery. Shortly after we arrived home, our friends Mike and Dolores Todd from Victoria came by to meet Monet and visit with Karley, Ian and Makai. It has been too long since we saw them last so it was a nice, long-overdue reunion. Many years ago, in Ontario, Dolores used to baby-sit Karley, Jay and Jamie so it was an even more special visit for her to see Karley now as a mother of two.

Today, with Ian back at work, Rick accompanied Karley, Makai and Monet to one of the Mission play groups that she has joined. It was an opportunity for her friends and their children to meet the family’s latest addition. As she is still healing from her caesarean surgery, Rick’s help was needed to help transport the children from the car to the group and back. Ever since he was just a youngster, Rick has always had a special way with children and because he is such a great, doting grandparent, he loved every minute of it. (Rick is the youngest of six kids and growing up, he used to baby sit many of his nieces and nephews who were only a few years younger than him.) In just 8 days, Karley is adjusting really well to having two children now but is still appreciative of the time we are spending here.