Two More "Sleeps" PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Thursday, 29 March 2007 11:15
mar 30-07.jpgToday is our second last day in Desert Hot Springs this season and we were kept busy all day. Rick continued to pack, repack, clean and organize; the basement is now ready for travel and the motorcycle is loaded in the trailer. Here is a picture of the job in action.

I made a couple of computer “house calls” and then was fortunate to enjoy a wonderful massage this afternoon at the hands of the park’s resident massage therapist. When I returned to the Moho, while Rick went for his massage, our friend Anita arrived from Palm Springs for a farewell visit. Because we were so busy this winter and Anita had a full schedule too we had very few visits this year. It was nice to see her to say goodbye.

This evening Rick and I went to Palm Springs for a quick dinner and to pick up some groceries at Trader Joes. We loaded up on fresh fruits and vegetables along with a few Trader Joe specialty items we will have difficulty finding elsewhere. When we arrived back home, it was the first time I really noticed the outside of the motorhome; our yard, minus all the usual patio items looked “naked”. I felt a twinge of sadness thinking about Sunday when we leave and how I will miss this place. We had a wonderful stay and as much as we are excited about being on the road again, we will also be looking forward to our return here in the fall.