Perfect Timing…At Least For Jay! PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Monday, 26 March 2007 11:00

mar 27-07.jpgNot to have a repeat of yesterday, we were up at the crack of dawn and on our way to the airport a good 30 minutes earlier this morning. Rick even dreamed that we all slept in and Jay missed the flight again and I woke up every hour checking the clock to make sure we didn’t.

Jay left the Coachella Valley right on schedule and not a moment too soon for him; we were inundated with heavy cloud coverage all day along with cold temperatures. I think the thermometer might have spiked at 17°C (63°F) (if we were lucky) but overall it was a cold and dreary day here. While I was in class this afternoon we even had a downpour of rain that lasted for a half an hour (something Rick and I have never seen here before).

Tonight it remains windy and cool, 12°C (54°F), and it promises to dip even lower overnight, 9°C (48°F)! It’s hard to believe yesterday we were basking in sunshine with a 27+°C (81°F) high and the temperatures are supposed to be in the low 30°C’s (high 80’s°F) by the end of the week. I managed to get a couple of pictures this afternoon after the rain and there was plenty of the white stuff on the surrounding mountains. The picture of Jay and I was taken at the airport as he made his way to the customs entrance and I think it is pretty obvious that showers weren’t on our agenda this morning. However I have to say Jay’s timing was perfect today! Laughing