Tick, Tick, Tick…. PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Tuesday, 27 March 2007 11:00

mar 28-07.jpgHere it is Wednesday, hump-day, of our last week in the Coachella Valley this season and as the week whizzes by our have-to list is slowly being chiseled down thanks to the efforts of my sweet husband. Though this is my last week of work for the park, Rick has unofficially finished his job so he has more time to ready things for our weekend departure. Because we are pulling out on Sunday my “students” are in need of some final one on one help so I am busy everyday when my regular work is finished.

After yesterday’s blast of winter we were hoping that it would leave as quickly as it arrived but that was not to be. It was still quite cold this morning, only 8°C (46°F), but by mid-day we warmed up to 23°C (73°F). Tomorrow the mercury will jump to 28°C (83°F) and then we will be back to the way it was over the weekend, more normal here for this time of the year. On Sunday when we pull out of here the high is supposed to reach 32°C (90°F) and according to what I can find on the internet, that weather will follow us for awhile. Keep your fingers crossed!

Tomorrow I will teach my last computer class for several months and put in my last half day answering phones in the sales office. When Friday comes, though I do have a few small computer jobs to do, I will officially be on “vacation”. It will seem weird not having a “foreign” computer here to work on but with all the work I need to do on our website, I will not be lacking for things to do. There is no question that we will miss our roles here at Catalina Spa and we will look forward to our return in the fall!

This picture was taken by Jay on Sunday of Rick and I as we were returning to the Coachella Valley from Idyllwild.