Passions PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Tuesday, 13 March 2007 11:00

mar 14-07.jpgI have always believed that the best way to earn a living is to find out what it is what you are passionate about and use it to make money. Too many folks work for years in jobs they hate just to survive and that was not a trap I wanted to fall into. In my life I have worked as a store clerk, an insurance adjuster, a dental assistant, a dental receptionist, a bartender, a waitress, an insurance salesperson, a cleaning service owner, a resort operator, a B & B owner, a hobby farmer and a Reiki practitioner. Obviously finding my passion has been a lifelong task and until I started writing on this website and teaching computer classes I didn’t think I would ever figure out what it is I really wanted to do.

Though I earn no income from these “jobs”, I do gain a great deal of satisfaction from doing them. The website has become my primary passion (as you know I write here daily) and my dream would be to somehow convert it into some form of regular income. With my teaching job, my students come from all walks of life, are of many ages and though they are primarily over 60, they are all eager to learn whatever they can. I am constantly rewarded with great compliments and plenty of gratitude which is very much appreciated.

In just over two weeks, my classes will come to an end for six months and I know I will miss them along with my students. Fortunately, I will still be journaling daily and if my history is any indication, I might even find a new passion while we are away. Here is a picture Rick took of our class last Thursday and that is me standing with my back to the camera helping one of my students.