Rickey is a Happy Boy! PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Saturday, 17 February 2007 11:00

feb 17-07.jpgThe weather here right now is awesome; in fact it has been since Tuesday, each day warmer than the last and with loads of sunshine. This morning Rick and I were up bright and early and (for a change) on our Sunday morning motorcycle ride before 8:00 AM. After breakfast we rode over to the Street Fair at the College of the Desert to pick up some things we had no room for on our last visit and then we headed back to the motorhome.

It is NASCAR season once again and today was the opening race; the Daytona 500, which Rick has patiently been waiting for all winter. We were back in plenty of time for him to see the whole race and time for me to get some things done. I spent about an hour ironing; not my favourite pastime hence the reason it took me an hour (I had saved up several things over the past couple of weeks that just had to be ironed!). While Rick worked on his owl carving outside, he was able to watch the race simultaneously.

After ironing I walked (I was too tired to walk this morning) for an hour and when I returned I found my hubby intently watching as the last ten laps of the Daytona race were being run. The ending wasn’t quite the way he would have liked it to be (it would have been nice to see Mark Martin win) but it certainly made for some good viewing. Rickey is a very happy boy!Smile