Progress and a Wicked Weekend in the Forecast! PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Sunday, 29 June 2008 13:36
AllCare is making progress in leaps and bounds; we have painted the entire building, inside and out, sided the crumbly plaster facing at the roofline and hired an assistant for the office. A new graphics sign with our logo installed on it is under construction at a local sign shop and plans are underway for a new one for the sidewall of the building. Business has steadily been picking up and folks are coming in because they have learned we are under new management.

Di, our new assistant is also the lady we purchased our condo from and someone we know will be a major asset to AllCare. Aside from being enthusiastic, highly organized and super friendly, she lives only 2 kilometers from the shop making it an easy commute for her. We have maintained a friendship with her and her husband Jeff since we purchased the condo and learned last Monday that she was looking for a part time job. Wouldn’t you know it; recently we have wanted to find someone with her qualifications and personality too. Timing is everything!

We have purchased a new booking and billing program designed for the automotive industry, which should make things easier for scheduling and creating invoices for our growing list of clients. As a result, though the shop is closed Monday and Tuesday for the holiday, Rick and I are going in on Tuesday so I can input the data needed to have things up and running for Wednesday.

We have no complaints however as we are enjoying the fabulous weather and spent yesterday cruising on the motorcycle up the sunshine coast to Sechelt and Gibson’s Landing. Today we joined Jay, Karley, Ian and the grand kiddies for a day of sunshine in Mission. Tonight Grampa and the wee ones are camping out in the tent in the backyard while Granni, Jay and their parents are sleeping inside.

Tomorrow morning Karley and I are heading down to Bellingham, Washington to do some shopping at Trader Joes; a jaunt we try to make monthly (man I wish TJ’s would come to Canada!). I think it is safe to say that summer has officially arrived!

The ability to upload pictures is still not working so for now you'll just get text! Sorry folks!