Summer Has Arrived! PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Tuesday, 24 June 2008 12:23
Summer has come at last! It has been slow to arrive in this part of the world but spring started in February so I am certainly not complaining one bit. I appreciate the fact more than you know that we don’t have to deal with black flies, mosquitoes and humidity; all part of springs and summers in the east!

Father’s Day was sunny and mild and we celebrated it by going on a drive with the Vancouver Mini Club to Squamish, BC. The club met up at Jericho Beach in Kitsilano and then proceeded through Stanley Park, over the Lion’s Gate Bridge and up the north shore to our destination. The Sea to Sky Highway is under construction in order to make transferring from Vancouver to Whistler easier during the scheduled 2010 Olympics. As a result the drive was a little rougher and certainly slower than we may have liked but the scenery more than made up for the shortcomings. After a yummy lunch in Squamish, we all headed off in different directions.

Rick and I drove out to Mission to spend the rest of the day with Karley, Ian and the kids. There is nothing quite like a fresh BBQ’d fish dinner with salad, new potatoes and smiling faces to bring a perfect day to a close!

This past weekend we tried to lay low; hanging out watching movies on Saturday and enjoying an infrared sauna and a walk around Gastown on Sunday. The weather was nice enough but due to the fact that we are on a nutritional cleanse right now, it was better to avoid any strenuous activity. (yes, it’s time again for us both to clean our systems!)

The week has started with sunshine and though we do not rely much on the forecasts (they are rarely right) it does appear as if we may have a gorgeous week ahead of us. If the weathermen have it right, this weather will take us beyond the long weekend ahead!

As some of you may know, last week our site went down...it just disappeared and I thought that maybe that was a sign to stop writing but Steve my web-knight in shining cyberspace, along with CanHost the hosting company managed to revive it. For some reason I am not able to upload pictures at the moment but hopefully it just needs to be tweaked and all will be well.