The Long Weekend Winds Down PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Sunday, 01 July 2007 15:38
july 2-07.jpgThe one thing I haven’t written much about lately is the weather, probably because it hasn’t been all that great. BC has not been having good weather for quite some time; they had a brutal winter and very wet spring with that wetness dragging into the summer. It hasn’t been cold, the rain hasn’t been consistent, but it just hasn’t been what BC summers are all about. Well it looks like all that may be behind us because despite a pretty miserable forecast, we had a very nice long weekend and the long range forecast is looking promising.

Today we puttered around outside when the mosquitoes weren’t driving us indoors (I suppose all the rain has brought them out because last year we rarely saw any); the boys in the garage with Makai and the girls in the driveway keeping Monet from running across the street. Though she isn’t a year old until the 9th Monet’s been walking for almost two months and she has learned to run. It seems that she loves animals and the neighbours across the street have two dogs (fortunately very kid friendly) and Monet is attracted to them like bees to honey. She tries to go over to Carmen’s (the neighbour) house to see Tipper and Josie (the dogs) but fortunately we can still outrun her. It is a good workout though…chasing a toddler and at the rate she’s going she’ll soon be able to outrun us.

No pictures today but yesterday on our way home from Vancouver I did get this one of Mount Baker. It seems surreal and obviously looks much closer than it really is because it is in Washington.