Getting Ready to Go PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Sunday, 13 May 2007 12:18
may 14-07.jpgYikes! I can’t believe we will be leaving here tomorrow. Our time here has flown by and we accomplished a lot except that we couldn’t visit all the friends we had hoped to. Even at the wedding, though we saw a lot of familiar faces and had the opportunity to speak with many of them, we still didn’t get to have any quality time with anyone. We will be flying into Ontario in November for another wedding so perhaps we can organize a few more visits then.

This morning while I paid a visit to our accountant and finalized our tax returns, Rick sorted through the basement and completed some adjustments on our levelling system. Once I returned to the Moho, after stopping at Rob and Rosanne’s to pick up our mail and say goodbye, we headed into Orillia, then Barrie, to pick up various odds and ends we needed. Tonight Rick organized the trailer and loaded the car and motorcycle while I finished laundry and organized the inside of the Moho. In the morning we just have to hitch up the trailer and get on the road early in order to be at the Travel Supreme factory at a decent hour.

Yesterday Rick told Bill and Laura that he would drive them to Union Station in downtown Toronto to catch the train that would be taking them east for their honeymoon. He assured them that he would be there by 9:30 AM and told them to be ready for him at that time. Meanwhile we had organized for a driver with a stretch limousine to appear at their door for the scheduled departure. You can just imagine their surprise especially for Laura, who had never been in a stretch limo before. This evening we spoke to them briefly and they were just getting settled in the berth in the train that they changed into in Montreal.

The picture today is of the newlyweds, Bill and Laura, along with their best man, Jay, and maid of honour, Megan, (fixing Laura’s dress) taken on Saturday after the horse and carriage ride they took after the ceremony.