A Fine Mother's Day PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Saturday, 12 May 2007 10:25
may 13-07.jpgAfter a very full day yesterday, we flopped into bed exhausted close to 2:00 AM this morning. Helen spent the night with us and we tucked her into bed before 11:00 PM so Rick and I slept of the sofa bed in the living room. Unfortunately the living room doesn’t have blackout shades like the bedroom and we were wide awake by 6:30 and up by 7:00.

With my children living on two sides of the continent, it is a rarity to have them all together in one place. With yesterday’s wedding festivities, they were all here at once and they invited me for a Sunday brunch at Silk’s restaurant at the Horseshoe Valley Resort. What a treat; not only was the food fabulous but we were able to sit outside on the patio in the warm sunshine while we ate it. The company was perfect; Karley, Ian, Jamie, Mary, Jay and Rick made my Mother’s Day one very special event.

After our delicious meal, Rick and I, headed back to the farm to join the newlyweds and other family members for their gift unwrapping. Unlike yesterday, it was much warmer and the process was completed outside. They received many great gifts andit is evident that their new life together will be well outfitted. Tomorrow they are heading to the east coast for their honeymoon via train which will give them plenty of time to relax and enjoy their new life together as husband and wife. It was a fine way to enjoy Mother’s Day and was a perfect ending to a perfect weekend.

Rick took this picture of me with my children. From the left; Jay, Karley, me and Jamie