A Perfect Combination PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Sunday, 08 April 2007 11:00

apr 9-07.jpgWith the exception of going to the car to retrieve something from the trunk, yesterday I spent the entire day inside the motorhome. We both hibernated for the day, working a little, watching TV a little and “vegetating” a little; really a great day because we expended very little energy and it was something we haven’t done in a very long time.

We slept in again this morning (the time change is not something we are easily adjusting to) and once we were up, we took the “not raining” conditions to walk for an hour around the park and the lake. This afternoon we had the oil and transmission fluid changed along with all the fuel filters, a service call that was needed (the last time it was done was almost three years ago while we were on Vancouver Island). A Texan company, RV Mobile Lube, came into the park, completed the task with no mess or inconvenience to us and we were able to stay in our rig for the entire process. We were very pleased with their service and wouldn’t hesitate to use them again.

Later we headed to the community north of Houston, The Woodlands, to meet with our friend Brad so he could show us around the area where he works and lives. LGI Development, a national land developer is Brad’s employer and we toured Bender’s Landing Estates, one of their premium developments. Afterwards we joined Pat, Brad’s wife, and her son Nathan for dinner at Tommy Bahamas Restaurant where we enjoyed another great evening with some wonderful Texan hospitality. So far our visit to Houston has been productive, fun and relaxing…a perfect combination!

My camera will be ready tomorrow and so I am pictureless. This one was taken on Friday of the city as we were approaching it from San Antonio.