Happy Birthday Jay and Happy Easter Everyone! PDF Print E-mail
Written by Susan Hollingshead   
Sunday, 08 April 2007 08:13

apr 8-07.jpgBy nightfall yesterday we were experiencing a hard steady rainfall that coupled with the low temperatures made for a chilly evening. We drove into Houston to meet our old friend, Brad Locke, for dinner at a restaurant downtown, the Americas. It was just over three years ago since we last saw Brad and it was a good reunion; we all had lots of news to catch up on. Unfortunately for us Brad’s wife, Pat, was out of town with her daughter so we missed her but we’ll all get together later during our stay.

Yesterday I posted my entry before going out and then when I got home later, I discovered that not only was it missing but two previous day’s entries were gone as well! Besides that we were getting no emails and here I thought the aggravations were behind me! Anyway, after a late night call with David at CanHost I learned that somehow the entries had been moved either to the new server or the old (it was kind of confusing) and he assured me he would make sure it was fixed by morning. To be on the safe side I reposted everything and finally went to bed. There is nothing quite like falling asleep to the sound of rain beating on the roof, dog-tired and cross-eyed from too many computer problems.

Today, because we could, we slept in and when we woke up, though the rain had finally stopped, it was still cold so we were not motivated to get up early anyway. For us it was supposed to be “paperwork” day; a task we have been putting off for a long time and one that badly needed doing. Rick was the good one, spending his morning and afternoon going through and sorting our files while I continued to frustrate myself with computer issues. The email became the biggest issue as we were both not receiving anything and I couldn’t get in contact with anyone who might be able to help. Finally by mid-afternoon David called with the news that everything, the website and the email, were finally together on the new server and properly co-ordinated for the first time in months.

For those of you who are interested, chronologically it goes like this:
1. 2001- website created for B & B with webmail feature
2. December 2003- website converted into a travel journal
3. December 2006- website moved to a new server but webmail left on old server
4. January 2007- new webpage format being prepared for launch
5. February 2007- new webpage launched
6. April 6, 2007- website moved once again to another new server but webmail is still on
original, old one.
7. April 8, 2007- website and webmail are finally moved onto the same server!

Happy 30th Birthday Jay and Happy Easter everyone! This is a picture I took of Jay while he was visiting us in Palm Springs last month!