A Perfect Day PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 26 April 2004 00:00
The weather here is perfect; clear blue sky, sunshine and the temperature all day has varied between 22C (72F) and 30.5C (87F) depending on how far inland we have been. This morning we were awake early and started our day with a jog on the beach before getting on the road. Because the weather is so great we decided to drive into Washington State.

We stopped a couple of times along the way to take pictures because along with perfect weather comes lots of bugs. My clear view, aka the windshield, was covered in the remains of the various insects that it came in contact with, so my photo ops were few and far between.

We are staying at the Bay Center/Willapa Bay KOA, a really pretty campground in the heart of the oyster capital of the US. Some fellow RVer's here, restaurant owners of several Oregon eateries, shared that information with us when they kindly offered to share some of their oysters with us. Rather than taking some of their dinner, we each just sampled a giant oyster. Delicious! Unfortunately, it was too late to go into Raymond and buy some for ourselves, but maybe tomorrow.

Because this park is in a forest, my satellite Internet dish could not get a signal so I am a day late with this entry. It also means we don't get television which is actually great. Rick and I enjoyed a walk through the forest to the beach and then played cards until it was time for bed. We really had a perfect day! Cool