Making the Rounds PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 15 July 2004 00:00
After a wonderful and late night with Rosanne, I slept so soundly I didn't stir until 6:30 AM when Rosanne came in to say goodbye. She was off to work at her summer job at Black River Wilderness Park. We had a really good visit despite how short it was. I had my shower then repacked my bag and went to Hill's Restaurant, a local, very popular restaurant to meet my friend Paul for breakfast. From there I went to spend some time with my dear friend Joyce who is housebound due to a severe stroke she had in 2001. It was so nice to see my friends and catch up on their news.

I had a lunch date with my sister and afterwards it was time to head to Barrie. I wanted to surprise Bea, Rick's mom, and arrived at her place to find that she was away, which was a big disappointment! From there I popped in and surprised my friend, Gitte, who just got back from holidays. We had some serious catching up to do and ran out of time long before we had finished.

My final destination was to Dana and Richard's, where I am spending the night. Noah has grown into a little boy and now runs everywhere. He still wears a constant smile and I was able to practice being a Granni with him. After he went to bed, Dana, her mom Eleanor and Hugh (Eleanor's other half) had a nice visit where we shared lots of laughs. I had had a full day making the rounds visiting and playing catch up. When I fell into bed, I knew I would sleep soundly again.