BC Time PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 21 July 2004 00:00
My flying time yesterday was long, in fact; the whole day was long. First, I was awake really early, then, my flight was delayed by a malfunctioning door. Next we encountered severe turbulence, which the pilots chose to climb above and then we were faced with strong headwinds delaying our arrival by 20 minutes. When we landed and I went to the luggage carousel, my suitcase wasn't on it. I found it in a different area almost 15 minutes later. I missed the 8:00 o'clock AND the 9:20 PM flights to Victoria. I was able to catch the 10:30 PM flight and Rick met me at the airport at 11:00 PM. By the time we got to the motorhome it was midnight, BC (also referred to as Pacific) time and I had been up since 2:30 AM (BC time). And I was tired.
Sam the cat was very happy to see me. She had been giving Rick a hard time while I was gone, walking around the motorhome in the middle of the night crying. She is used to sleeping next to me all night long and Rick just doesn't cut it. We had a pretty "affectionate" reunion and she slept very well last night, unlike me.

Rick and I caught up with each other's news and basked in the glow of just being together again. With us, absence really does make the heart grow fonder and we are like kids together after we have been apart for a week. When I finally went to sleep, I slept like a baby but I was awake at 3:00 AM (BC time)! I managed to go back to sleep but woke up again for good at 6:00 AM and this afternoon I started to fade by 4:00 PM. I can see getting back onto BC time is going to be a challenge!