Bath Time PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 12 January 2005 00:00

Well, the trip to the dentist was well worth it! My new mouth guard has allowed me to sleep through the night without waking up with a sore jaw at 3:00 AM. They have certainly changed them a lot from the type I had 30 years ago and if I had known that such a simple device could have such a great effect, I would have had this one made a lot sooner.

Finally, the snow has subsided and the temperature today was 6C and sunny, just enough to see some significant melting. We wanted to have a visit with Karley and Makai so we invited Karley to come with us to lunch at a vegetarian eatery and juice bar in Kitsilano. The food was great and it turned out that our waitress was a "transplant" from Peterborough, Ontario. Makai slept through the entire outing like the wee angel that he is in his portable car seat, oblivious of the music and conversation in the restaurant. After a stop at the bank and the bakery, we headed back to the house to give Makai a bath.

This time it was Karley, Granni and Grandpa who gave him his bath and he enjoyed it no more with us than he did with his daddy. All 10 pounds of him squirmed, wriggled and cried while Granni undressed him and Mommy placed him in the water. I noticed though, that the sound of Karley's voice had a calming effect and after he was dried and dressed, he snuggled into her for food and comfort. As we walked out the door, mother and child were cuddled up on the armchair, both peaceful and content from a day out. Rick and I got our Makai "fix" for this day and now we should be able to last until we see him again on Friday.