Growth PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 13 January 2005 00:00

It was over two years ago, when Rick and I first started to take the steps necessary to start on our North American journey. And it was shortly after that when I became aware of a spiritual growth underway perhaps causing the yearning for this new lifestyle. Since that time we have been led to people, places and experiences that have accelerated that growth not just for me, but also for Rick. There have been months of sleepless nights peppered with vivid, almost prophetic dreams and days spent in the company of some very gifted people.

When I first became aware of the "strange" things happening to me, the meaningful dreams, the "coincidental" perfect timing, at first I shrugged it off. Eventually, after some coaching from my friend Rosanne and some insightful discussions with Rick, I started to pay attention to the "signs" and my spiritual growth accelerated. I learned about the power of prayer and how to understand some of the things I was experiencing. I asked for growth and perception and that is what I got. Now, after many months of restless nights with thoughts and ideas racing through my head, I have finally come to a level of inner peace.

I have reached a different stage of growth now, no more messages while I sleep or philosophical dreams but a more human experience. I have had some really interesting life lessons with my children, first Jay's illness, then Karley's new motherhood and with some other, personal things. Spiritual growth doesn't mean developing psychic ability or communicating with ghosts but actually learning from life's experiences and becoming a better person because of them. We may not be putting miles on the motorhome but I am putting miles on my soul and for that I am thankful.