Angie's Last Day Here PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 24 January 2005 00:00

Today is Angie's last full day here so we made plans to spend the afternoon with Karley and Makai. First we drove to the house to look after the baby while his mom got ready and then we walked down The Drive to The Living Source Restaurant for lunch. On the weekend Karley and Ian bought a carrying harness so that Makai could be carried comfortably while walking and today Karley used it to transport the baby on our walk. It was overcast and the temperature hovered around 13C so it was a perfect device and in short order he fell asleep.

We were all surprised at how much Makai has changed since Saturday when we saw him last. He seems far more alert and attentive than he was just a few days ago so now when he is awake, his time isn't spent just eating. He looks around, watching any movement around him and constantly makes faces. He is drawn to voices and it seems like he is studying everything he sees with great interest. After a leisurely lunch, we all walked back up The Drive to the house and Karley fed Makai before she went into hairstylist mode.

While Grandpa entertained Makai (or did Makai entertain Grandpa?), Karley gave both Angie and I new hairstyles. Angie received a cut and colour change and I had some style put into my lifeless do (a much needed improvement). During the whole process Rick quite happily held and played with his grandson who periodically needed his mom for food. When Ian arrived home from work, I was lying on the couch with Makai asleep on my chest, Rick was sitting beside us and Karley was finishing Angie's hair so he too received a haircut. Our last day here with Angie was a good one for all; we had a yummy lunch, a nice walk, new hairdos and a great visit with each other.