Progress PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 27 January 2005 00:00

Yesterday, when I was feeling sick, Rick went out and bought me a heating pad. When I was a little girl, whenever I felt sick, my mom would give me a hot-water bottle and I always seemed to feel better. I don't know if the bottle actually did anything or if it was merely mind over matter, but somehow I always improved once I had that warmth on my stomach. Rick's thoughtfulness helped me to experience that same comfort and this morning after a sound sleep, I felt much better.

Today is Makai's one-month birthday! Karley was going shopping this afternoon and she asked us if we would baby-sit him (like we would say no!!). She was going to Costco and Baby's-R-Us, both located near here, so she would be bringing Makai over to our house. No matter how upset my stomach had been, his presence would surely make me feel much better.

They arrived shortly after 1:00 PM while Rick was out getting some supplies at a local RV dealer. Makai was sleeping (but not for long!) and along with the usual supplies, Karley brought a bottle with three ounces of breast milk in it that she had managed to express earlier. She fed him before she left us but if he got hungry while she was out at least we had backup! Once Grandpa came back, he bundled him up and took him outside for a walk and to show him off to the ladies in the office. Makai is so alert now and much more content if his surroundings are new and interesting. He seemed mesmerized by the attention in the store and with all the different things he was seeing. Afterwards we went back into the motorhome where he happily downed 2 ounces of milk before contentedly falling asleep on my shoulder. It seems to me that even though the packaging was different, what really mattered was the content. Now perhaps we can baby-sit even longer in the near future!